Waiting room hammers home the reality of cancer – yes, this IS actually happening, and it’s happening to you, of all people!
Your entire life turns upside down when you are confronted with the ultimate uncertainty…
But when you are prepared for what you need to bring with you and what you want to take away from your appointment, you create confidence for getting yourself through treatment in the best way possible.
Here are some things that I am going to discuss in this episode:
- When it comes to oncology, it takes a lot of effort to not only become a specialist, but also to stay in this profession
- As an oncologist you are required to stay up to date with learning and latest research
- The advice you are getting is based on best practice from around the world
- You can I trust that they know what they are doing, trust the advice you’re going to get, trust that there are solutions to most problems
- If there is trust, then you can ask any questions you want and have the confidence you are going to get right answers for you
- Come prepared by asking questions about worries that are bothering you and fears that keep you up at night
- Make notes about answers and ask your specialist if it’s ok to record the conversation for reference
- Bring a friend to take mind off cancer and crosscheck any information later
- When you’re prepared for your oncologist visit, you can remove away so much of your stress and worry